Tired of feeling like anxiety is ruining your life?
Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health disorders, with the National Institute of Mental Health reporting almost 1 in 5 individuals in the US will suffer one in their lifetime. The most common of these disorders are: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), panic disorder, specific phobias, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD).
According to the Mayo Clinic, signs of anxiety or panic include:
- Feeling nervous, restless or tense
- Having a sense of impending danger, panic or doom
- Having an increased heart rate
- Breathing rapidly (hyperventilation)
- Feeling weak or tired
- Trouble concentrating or thinking about anything other than the present worry
- Having trouble sleeping
- Experiencing gastrointestinal (GI) problems and irritable bowel
- Having difficulty controlling worry
- Having the urge to avoid things that trigger anxiety
Whether the cause is trauma, grief and loss, major life upheavals, or just simple biology of the brain, the outcome is the same and the way people cope as a result is too. We provide counseling services for those with anxiety as well as neurofeedback, which is fast becoming a sought-after treatment for the symptoms of anxiety.
We understand that most anxious clients have a heightened arousal level we can see in their brainwaves, breathing, heart rate, and sweat gland response. We focus on helping clients learn to better self-regulate by changing their brainwaves, breathing patterns, heart rates, and even hand temperatures. As a result, they become more resilient to stress and anxiety-provoking situations.
When clients gain that sense of resiliency, they are better able to tackle the underlying issues that may have triggered their anxiety, making counseling that much more effective.