Neuropsychological and Psychoeducational Testing
The Better Brain Center provides comprehensive psychoeducational and neuropsychological testing for school-aged children, adolescents and adults.
Comprehensive testing utilizes a variety of the most current assessment techniques and instruments to analyze various processing deficits and cognitive/adaptive functioning.
Areas of assessment may include:
- Short-term and long-term memory
- Executive functioning (planning, problem solving, organization skills)
- Attention, concentration, and distractibility
- Logical and abstract reasoning functions
- Ability to understand and express language
- Visual-spatial organization and visual-motor coordination
- Speech and language
- Auditory processing
- Social/emotional development
- Academic achievement
- Processing speed
- General ability
We provide assessments of children and adolescents who may have some of the following concerns:
- Learning disabilities, including the various types of dyslexia, dysgraphia, and dyscalculia
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Traumatic brain injury
- Mood disorders, including depression and bipolar disorder
- Other mental health problems
We provide psychoeducation testing for children and young adults for:
- Students seeking testing accommodation at school for standardized testing
- Students needing accommodations entering college
- Gifted and Talented testing for students who may benefit from an enriched educational curriculum
- Testing for private school eligibility
A feedback session and comprehensive report will be provided to discuss results and various interventions for use at home, school and work.
Testing typically occurs on weekends to minimize school conflicts. Please note all testing is completed fee for service, with actual rates being dependent on hours required to complete testing and report writing. Overall fees typically range from $1,500-$3,000. We will provide you a superbill to seek some reimbursement by insurance and/or tax purposes.